Wednesday, February 22, 2006

where is the duchess?

The pass two weeks i have been commuting between the resort and TAUCH TERMINAL RESORT TULAMBEN as my dear hubby-to-be is doing his Dive Instructor course at Tulamben (north east, about an hour drive from where i live. brilliant wreck dive,highly recommended if you have not dived there). "Tauch" is German word for diving by the way. When pronouncing "TAUCH" you need to emphasize on the "ch" by imitating someone gathering up the sputum in his or her throat. Ha Ha ... sorry that's the best way I can describe it

So.. what have I been doing whilst he is in class or submerged under water for 12 to 15 hours? (I only get to see him at lunch time and during his ciggi breaks sigh...) Never would i dream of the day i hear myself say this..." i have got enough of sun!" I feel light headed the whole time which is probably due to dehydration or lack of food. I had it all planned this trip OR so i thought. Take a break before the wedding to get "piao liang" (beautiful),to perfect my tan and to tone up doing yoga! Feeling absolutely silly but ah well at least i got chao ta enough to last me to the wedding! :)...

I have had plenty of time to rest my mind and reflect and i must say it was good. I had time to read lots of books and chill out. i must say i might have had a wee bit too much time heh heh.. this is what i wrote in my journal few days ago:

"...21 February, 2006 Tuesday 09:23
Tim Tam marries Coffee today…

It was love at first taste. Mr Arnott's Tim Tam could not resist himself from the aromatic scent of Ms Good Day Carrebian Nut aka Coffee. Tim Tam took his virgin plunge into the embrace of Ms Good Day. It was the most heavenly, sweetest and lethal combination. A perfect match in taste-bud paradise...."

Ha ha… my first and last attempt at ever writing an erotic story about food!… I am not sure if it's a Singaporean thing but every time the few of us sit down together we just seem to talk about food. We don't just talk, we get all excited and probably planning when we will next visit that restaurant / cafĂ© or what we going to eat for the next meal. Conversation about food is almost like an aphrodisiac. The emotions it stir up, the senses it awakens. My hubby-to-be never fails to be amazed how we can go on talking about food the way we do :)... i think it's an asian thing. By the way my dearest girlfriends, I remember how we plan to have a tim tam and coffee party amongst the many things we have planned to do together. I will be back in Singapore on the first of March. Shall we set a date for this special ritual? I tried doing this on my own this morning but I am sure we would have such a ball sucking coffee using tim tams like straws!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's do the tim tams with kopi. sounds gd! for a change instead of alchies all the time ;) lynn

Anonymous said...

let's do the tim tams with kopi. sounds gd! for a change instead of alchies all the time ;) lynn